Northern Beaches Council - Garden Street & Macpherson Street, Warriewood
Northern Beaches Council $1.31 million
Description of Works
North Shore Paving was contracted by Northern Beaches Council (Pittwater Council) to conduct a major upgrade of Garden Street and Macpherson Street in Warriewood. Designed to cope with new urban development in the adjacent area, the project involved the transformation of the road corridor to full urban specification including; new pedestrian facilities, extensive stormwater drainage, new road pavement, new kerb and gutter, placement of electricity underground and a new roundabout.
Utilising project managers and site managers with extensive experience, North Shore Paving was able to complete the project efficiently, whilst maintaining traffic access for at least one lane at all times.
- Half road reconstruction including new pavement and kerb and gutter: over 430m total.
- Over 300m of footpath constructed
- Undergrounding of 90m of overhead electrical wires
- New fully mountable roundabout with associated traffic islands
- Construction of new parking and bus bays
- New pedestrian crossings with a traffic island
- Installation of new pits, pipes and other drainage structures