Gordon At-Grade Paving Project
Transport for New South Wales (TfNSW) $ 2 million
Description of Works
The Gordon At-Grade Car Park is an upgrade of the existing At-grade Car Park and an extension into the rail corridor. The upgraded car park includes a new stormwater system, Stormtrap and Humeceptor to reduce impact on the surrounding environment. New fencing and lighting provide a safe parking area for commuters. The car park facility includes a designated disabled parking area of 3 car spaces, specifically designed to meet all the requirements as outlined in the Disability Discrimination Act (1992) (DDA). Access to the car park is designed to allow fluid traffic flow to avoid traffic disruption and allow Sydney Trains’ access to the rail corridor.
The upgrade of the Werona Ave Gordon Interchange involved the installation of two new bus shelters, two upgraded pedestrian crossings, a bicycle storage area and a DDA compliant pedestrian footpath.
- Asphalt road pavement
- Concrete footpaths and pavements
- DDA compliant pedestrian footpath and parking spaces
- Concrete kerb and gutter
- Retaining walls (Block and Piled)
- Stormwater (including water detention system and Oil separator)
- Security perimeter fencing
- Lighting, Switch board and isolation transformer
- Subgrade, sub base and base course preparation
- Bus shelter Bicycle storage
Photos courtesy of Transport for NSW