Ausgrid Substation – Sydney Olympic Park
Description of Works
North Shore paving was contracted for major landscaping works at the site of a new substation in Sydney Olympic Park. Located within the Bicentennial Park precinct, the landscaping works were a key part of the environmental stabilisation of the site. North Shore Paving’s team was able to work within the constraints this environmentally sensitive site to deliver a high quality project that involved; removal of obsolete geofabric, application of a 200-300mm thick topsoil layer, an extensive irrigation system, biodegradable netting to prevent erosion, spreading a 75mm much layer and the planting of over 18,000 trees, shrubs and grasses.
Civil works completed include; diversion of a stormwater pipe to provide environmental flows to a newly created wetland and widening of a 60m footpath to allow for shared bicycle and pedestrian access.
- Almost 4,000m2 of extensive landscaping works
- Spreading of over 1,000m3 of topsoil and mulch
- Construction of 60m gabion wall
- Over 18,000 plants planted
- 60m shared footpath with a stabilised subgrade constructed
- Irrigation system capable of soaking the landscaped areas within minutes